We are redesigning Pier 58
Welcome to the Pier 58 design project online open house. We are redesigning Pier 58 to create a public park and improve access, safety and flexibility of the pier, while offering expansive views of Elliott Bay and the Olympic Mountains. The new pier park is designed especially with families and young children in mind, with a playground, spaces to relax and a public plaza that will be programmed by Friends of the Waterfront.
At this online open house, you can:
- Learn about the 60% design of Pier 58
- Provide feedback on the playground, restroom and overall pier design
Sign up for email updates
To stay up to date with the project and learn about our next steps for outreach, we encourage you to sign up to our email list.
Elements of the new pier
- An elevated seating area and lawn for relaxing and enjoying scenic views.
- A viewing area that provides large, open views to the Bay and the Olympic Mountains.
- The Fitzgerald Fountain will be restored and integrated into the new pier.
- A plaza and event space that can be used for seasonal activities such as concerts, outdoor movies and other pop-up events.
- A play area for kids and families. The concept for this element is still under development.
- A restroom and concierge space adjacent to the promenade to serve visitors and families and to provide information on current programming.
Video: 60% design overview
We want to hear from you!
We welcome your comments and feedback on the playground, the restroom and the overall pier design. Do not feel obligated to provide feedback on all of these elements, you can pick and choose what is most important to you!
Provide your feedback on the playground design!
How do you feel about public restrooms?
What activities are you excited to see on the new pier?
Please use the virtual sticky wall below to provide feedback that will help inform our 90% design, currently scheduled for early 2021.
- This is a public forum.
- Everybody will be able to see your ideas and comments.
- Please respect fellow community members by keeping discussions on topic and relevant.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that are offensive, abusive or cause harassment.